Specifying destination server with nsupdate...

Brian Matchick matchick at enteract.com
Mon Dec 13 21:36:01 UTC 1999

I'm testing BIND 8 which I set up on my workstation with phony DNS records.
I'm playing with dynamic updates and would like to know if there is a way to
specify where an update request is sent using nsupdate.  This would be
roughly equivalent to "server <hostname>" being run from nslookup.  I assume
nsupdate is using the resolver on my machine, but that's still pointing to
our 'official' nameserver which is running BIND 4.  Since I don't want DNS
broken on my workstation, I'd rather not change it.

Thanks!
Brian
matchick at enteract.com