Not transfering down to secondary

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Dec 14 18:47:43 UTC 1999

On Wed, Dec 08, 1999 at 03:59:19PM -0500, Chris Schuler wrote:
> I have two Slack boxes running Bind 8.2.2.p5
> it seems ever since i upgraded them, changed made to the primary will not
> propogate down.  The pri sends out a notify and the secondary answeres but
> no records are transfered.  I even deleted a forward or reverse database to
> see if it would create the file (like it should) an it didnt happen.  Where
> should I look next?
>
> ..yes i am restarting named, and incremented the serial #
>
> -Chris

You did not say from what version you had upgraded.  BIND 8.*s in
general, and 8.2*s in particular, have more error-checking to reduce the
possibility of security exploits.  You may have had entries that worked
in an older version, but are reported as errors in your 'syslog' output.
Look there [as someone has said without the detailed explanation].

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B