DNS Zone files size

Mohammed Ghanawi mohammed.ghanawi at hct.ac.ae
Wed Dec 15 11:00:55 UTC 1999

I have got a zone file with about  9000 entries, when a secondary tries
to transfer this file depending on the version of named running on the
primary and secondary, this zone either fails or succeeds:

Named version on Primary                  Named version on
Secondary            Result of transfer
8.2.2
8.2.2                                                succeed
8.2.2
4.9.4                                                fails
4.9.4
4.9.4                                                succeed

Unfortunately I need the 2nd option to work since there are secondaries
with old version 4.9.4 of named trying to download from our new 8.2.2
named.

I can not split this into smaller subdomains right now, but I am
planning to? As a result the outside world is not getting any data from
that zone.

What should I do ?

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: mohammed.ghanawi.vcf