NAT & DNS

dreamwvr dreamwvr at dreamwvr.com
Thu Dec 16 15:23:41 UTC 1999

hi Barry && Cricket && All,
> This probably differs from NAT to NAT.  I think Cisco routers will
> translate DNS information as it goes through, but some other NAT boxes
> won't.
.. that could be. hmmm... i do know that linux does translation from real ip
and port to RFC1918 ip and port. always thought that all do the same..
 > This seems like a pretty limited subject to have web pages devoted to
it. > If you have specific questions, ask them.  However, the proper place would
> probably be in comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains, not here, since it's not
> specific to BIND.
your right Barry it does swing more towards NATing. hmm.. although as
another pointer the mailer might want to check the LDP for info on
NAT / Masquerading as it describes the process very well FWIW.
                                                Best Regards,
                                                dreamwvr at dreamwvr.com

************** DREAMWVR.COM - TOTAL INTERNET SERVICES ****************
TOTAL DESIGN - DEVELOPMENT - INTEGRATION - SECURITY - Click Here..
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/services/MAX_SEC.html>
DREAMWVR.COM - The Console of Many... 90 Topics Covered
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/dynamicduo.html> <mailto:dreamwvr at dreamwvr.com>
->> LINUX-MANDRAKE Solution Provider and North American Distributor <<-
PRODUCT OF THE YEAR!
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/mandrake/mandrake-main.html>
"===0 PGP Key Available
*************** "As Unique as the Company You Keep." *****************
"If anyone speaks from DREAMWVR.COM its certainly not me:-)"