ctl_server: bind: Address already in use

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Dec 17 04:56:10 UTC 1999

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 03:10:04PM -0500, Jason Ahrens wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Joseph S D Yao wrote:
>
> > The port to which it refers is the 'ndc' control port, not the primary
> > BIND port.  If you are using a Unix domain socket on a system which
> > creates FIFO files or the like for this purpose, the user must have
> > write permission in that directory.  E.g., this is often /etc/named, and
> > one may hope that random users do not have write permission in /etc.
> > ;-)

I MEANT "/etc/ndc".  ;-{

> This could explain some things about the problems I am having. Can I
> create this, or somehow force named to create it? Or even have named tell
> me where it is?
>
> Jason

Look in src/port/solaris/Makefile.set, you will see DESTRUN.  For
Solaris, DESTRUN has sometimes been /usr/local/etc, and sometimes /etc,
and sometimes something else.

Again, make sure that you are running the new versions of named and ndc.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B