Visual Tool for bind

Olmy olmy at thistledown.org
Mon Dec 20 17:33:01 UTC 1999

> Some of the tools from <URL: http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/tools.html> might
> be what you are looking for.  The only "GUI" I have tried isn't listed
> there; it's Webmin, at <URL: http://www.webmin.com/webmin/>, and allows
> Web access to more than just DNS.  Oh! - Webmin has been acquired by
> Caldera.  Will that make it part of their Open Administration System
> [COAS]?  ;-]

For what it's worth, webmin can be configured, on a user-by-user basis, to
ONLY allow dns configs if you wish. You can turn off access to as many or
as few of its modules as you want. Looking at the changelog, they finally
refined some of its bind 8 config stuff for global options. I haven't
tried it out since I don't really use it myself. However, it might
have its uses.

jeff