ACLs and zone ".", Why doesn't it work anymore?

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Mon Dec 20 22:15:32 UTC 1999

> I just upgrade my RH Linux server to 6.1. My old named.conf file had a acl
> for zone "." which was a quick and easy way for me to limit who used the
DNS
> server for internet access. I worked fine with the version of Bind that
> shiped with RH Linux 5.2, but named crashes with it now. Is there a better
> (easier) way of limiting internet access without going through the hassle
of
> setting up a proxy server? Not that I would mind setting one up, it's
> just I've never done it before.

How about using allow-query as an options substatement?
That controls who gets to query your name server for any
domain names, by default.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend the next Internet Software Consortium/Acme Byte & Wire
DNS and BIND class!  See www.acmebw.com/training.htm for
the schedule and to register for upcoming classes.