DNS configuration error

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Mon Dec 20 22:51:48 UTC 1999

In article <385EAD5E.3F8679AA at online.no>,
Thomas =?iso-8859-1?Q?Lang=E5s?=  <tlan at online.no> wrote:
>I've bought a domain under .com, let's call it domain.com, and then I've
>set it up on a DNS. It's working and everything is OK. But, then, I want
>the box who is being refered to as domain.com to handle all request for
>subdomains of domain.com, how do I do that?  I've tried to just setup a
>named on my box, but that didn't help much... And, I'm no named-wiz so,
>please, I need some help...  If you want, I can give you all the
>configfiles, just let me know.

When you registered the domain, you supplied a list of nameservers.  That
list should include your box, so everyone will be referred to your box, or
one of the slave servers that transfer the domain from your box, when they
want to look up something in your domain.

Is that what you needed to know, or am I misunderstanding your question?

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com