is this zone correct ? (was -> Re: two names one address)

Dariusz Zmokly globi at graff.com.pl
Wed Dec 22 11:23:21 UTC 1999

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Barry Margolin wrote:

> >Could I have something like that in my zone file :

> >@	IN	A	x.y.z.v
> >bezu	IN	A	x.y.z.v
>
> Yes.  Its done all the time.

Thanks, I asked because someone told me there is an error in my zone. Please
tell me if this is correct or what is wrong :

> ls domain.com
[dns.domain.com]
$ORIGIN domain.com.
@                       1D IN A         x.y.z.2
blah                    1D IN A         x.y.z.10
apple                   1D IN A         x.y.z.5
carrot                  1D IN A         x.y.z.3
pineapple               1D IN A         x.y.z.2
lucky                   1D IN A         x.y.z.9
orange                  1D IN A         127.0.0.1
citro                   1D IN A         x.y.z.11

see ya
Dariusz Zmokly