nslookup problems

Philip J. Koenig For_Email at ddress.see_be.low
Wed Dec 22 11:12:07 UTC 1999

In article <199912082219.JAA01207 at bsdi.dv.isc.org>, Mark.Andrews at iengines.com
(Mark.Andrews at iengines.com) writes...

> 	But errors in your zones can affect how nslookups behave
> 	on non-local names.
>
> 	Turn on debugging to see what nslookup is actually doing.
>
> 	Mark

I've been having "Server failed" problems and the debugging
option in nslookup is pretty much useless, because all it
tells me is something like:

xyz.abc.com can't find x.x.x.x: Server failed

I don't see any way to get the debug output (either "d" or
"d2" to show you exactly which host it tried to communicate
with and what happened during the attempt.

--
Philip J. Koenig         The Electric Kahuna Organization          [see below]
-----------------Computers & Communications for the New Millenium-------------