Dns behind a firewall

Jerome Servettaz servettazj at marseille.fnclcc.fr
Mon Dec 27 07:35:37 UTC 1999

Hi,

I want to put my DNS server (on linux Redhat 5.2) on a DMZ behind a
firewall. So i must to change the ip adress of this server. To do this
i  have changed the files /etc/sysconfig/network,
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ipcfg-eth0 and /etc/resolv.conf.
For the ip adress all seems ok, but i've got a problem with resolv.conf.
When i put the paramater nameserver = New IP Adress then the route to
the default gateway is unreachable. If i don't start the named process,
all seems ok.
If i put the parameter nameserver = <name of my server>, the route is ok
but named doesn't work very well because i can't resolv any name from my
dns server.

Is anyone knows what's happen ?

Thanks in advance

J. Servettaz