Controversial SOA values ?

wwebb at adni.net wwebb at adni.net
Wed Dec 29 13:08:28 UTC 1999

From:           	"Michael Milligan" <milli at acmebw.com>
> This just backs up my point.  If you can't get your (or a) master server
> back online within a week, you've got a bad or incomplete backup plan.  A
> good disaster recovery plan can handle all of these scenarios and have a
> master back online well within a week.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

Mike,

I guess that those that run short expire times are expressing their
confidence in their disaster recovery plans. ;-)

No one having expressed any disadvantage to having a long expire
time, I have opted that rather than worrry if disaster plans are
adequate for every scenario that the utility companies, Mother
Nature, etc., can provide, there seems to be wisdom in setting a 5
week expire time as recommended at
http://www.ripe.net/docs/ripe-203.html .

Bill Webb