unable to resolve hosts at adaptec.com with our nameserver

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Mon Jul 5 07:05:35 UTC 1999

I get different NS records for adaptec.com.

Non-authoritative answer:
adaptec.com     nameserver = auth60.ns.uu.net
adaptec.com     nameserver = auth02.ns.uu.net

auth60.ns.uu.net        internet address = 198.6.1.181
auth02.ns.uu.net        internet address = 198.6.1.82

For SOA, I get:

Non-authoritative answer:
adaptec.com
        origin = auth02.ns.uu.net
        mail addr = hostmaster.uu.net
        serial = 1999031506
        refresh = 21600 (6 hours)
        retry   = 3600 (1 hour)
        expire  = 1728000 (20 days)
        minimum ttl = 1800 (30 mins)

You might want to do the same and check what you get.
It looks like you might be getting old info.

You might want to clear the cache on your nameserver and/or forwarder,
if you have one. Usually this is done by restarting named.

Michael Voight
Cisco TAC