Forward Lookup Fails/4.9.2

buffalo at icarus.yml.com buffalo at icarus.yml.com
Tue Jul 6 14:56:06 UTC 1999

Greetings.

I run three 4.9.2 nameservers (one primary, two secondaries) which have
been serving several hundred domains without trouble for about three years
now.

Last week, however, forward lookup stopped working mysteriously for two of
the domains we host. Reverse lookup continues to function normally for
both domains, and named isn't complaining about either domain being
misconfigured in any way. Other domains we host on our servers continue to
show up normally from any nameserver we look them up from.

Both domains show up normally via whois. All three of our name servers
answer normally for the two domains in question when queried, but
outside servers give standard 'non-existent domain/couldn't find it'
error when queried. The problem started about the middle of last week.

If anyone can suggest a way to troubleshoot this further, I'd greatly
appreciate it.

TIA,

--Duncan