A strange problem..

sridhar Gudavalli gudavallis_pb at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 20:38:57 UTC 1999

Hai,

I have a strange problem with my internal servers.

I have two internal servers one master and other slave. For internet
hosts the queries are forwarded to forward only server.
The problem is I could resolv a particular host name to ip address in the
slave but I could not see ip address of the same host with nslookup in
master internal server.

I checked the cache file (named.dump) in bost the servers. In slave server i
could see the internet host ip address and in master i couldnot. I think
this is because the slave can resolv name to ip address.

Can anybody tell me how to find where the problem lies and solution to
this?.

Thanks in advance.
Sridhar