Mysterious DNS Problem

Sami Yousif syousif at iname.com
Fri Jul 9 23:10:16 UTC 1999

Barry Margolin wrote:

> The master server for the domain only lists a single NS record in the zone
> file.  This is the one that caching servers are keeping in their cache, in
> preference to the servers that are listed in the delgation records on the
> root servers.

I know of an ISP that has over 2000 domains that are done this way.  (only one NS
record in the zone files)

They have been told that it is not totally correct, but they have not changed the
script that generates their customer zones. (Note that they also have a script
that manually... yes manually updates the secondary {listed in the internic
records for ther customer domains} by copying all the zones across once per day)

--
-
Sami Yousif

mailto:syousif at iname.com
http://www.mav.net/teddyr/syousif/      Personal Page

[eMail sent to any of my addresses is subject to the Conditions outlined
in http://www.mav.net/teddyr/emailtos.shtml]