Problems with DNS - "Server name must resolve"

Michael Krecek krecek at k6.hhl.de
Mon Jul 19 23:34:50 UTC 1999

Hi everybody,

currently I'm facing serious problems with my DNS server. I setup a
standard SuSE DNS bind (old version) with the typical entries (I may post
them here, if necessary).

The server works perfectly and within the same IP address area, everything
is fine. Even from outside, the DNS info has been distributed, but still -
after months - there are a lot of servers from which I cannot access my own
domain.

Especially it does not work that - if emails are written - that my SMTP
cannot be found...

Any idea or experience, why DNS data has not been distributed all over the
world?

Thanks a lot!!
Michael