How to log into a program?

M. Zuber helmlein at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 2 17:32:13 UTC 1999

Hello everyone,

has anyone tried to redirect a logging channel into a program (other than
syslog)? I would like to pipe the logging into a PERLscript for further
processing but have not found any information about such a possibility in
the "doc"-part of the 8.2.1 distribution. I would prefer to get the data
from BIND directly rather than to have to process a logfile or the syslog.
Can someone please point me into the right direction (or tell me that it's
impossible without editing the source which I am not able to do ;-) )

Thanks

Martin Zuber