Firewall, split dns and the forwarders directive

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Jul 20 18:37:23 UTC 1999

> You might try asking nicely instead of using the imperative.

Another proof I shouldn't try to do anything before 0800.  ;-}  As I
recall, I was responding to a very firm declaration of what DNS policy
Should Be.  Sorry if I came off more forcefully than I had intended, in
my response.

> zone "movie.edu" {
>     type master;
>     file "db.movie.edu";
>     forwarders {};
> };

Hmmm.  Yes.  Should work, but I have a vague memory of getting bitten
by something like this.  But I will check this with 8.2.1[patched],
later.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B