root servers problems?

naegele at SHE.DE naegele at SHE.DE
Wed Jul 21 07:05:17 UTC 1999

Is there the posibility that the root nameservers have some
problems with some zones?

Especially all root servers have no hints for a customer's zone
(softgroup.net):

dig @F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET softgroup.net. NS

; <<>> DiG 8.1 <<>> @F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET softgroup.net. NS
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      softgroup.net, type = NS, class = IN

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
net.       1D IN SOA       A.ROOT-SERVERS.net. hostmaster.INTERNIC.net. (
                           1999072000      ; serial
                           30M             ; refresh
                           15M             ; retry
                           1W              ; expiry
                           1D )            ; minimum

;; FROM: pinie to SERVER: F.ROOT-SERVERS.NET  192.5.5.241
;; WHEN: Wed Jul 21 08:52:22 1999
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 31  rcvd: 105

Yesterday I checked rocketmail.com which also  doesn't work, but today
I got the necessary NS records.

And connecting the InterNIC/NetworkSolutions is a pain since I tried
it more than once and nobody is answering except their mail robot :-)

Ralf