forwarders last

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Mon Jul 26 15:59:40 UTC 1999

> I know 4.9.x bind in a spilt-DNS forwarder configuration would not be able
> to "delegate" any of its internal domains because due to the forwarder
> statement it will not look in the NS but go directly to the forwarders. Now
> I want to upgrade to bind 8.1.2. Question : Can it do a forwarders last ?
> ie. look for the NS delegations then if not found look in the forwarders
> list. Any pointers on how to do this. Thank you very much.

Nope.  Not in 8.1.2.

You can achieve the same effect in 8.2.1 by turning off forwarders for
the zone and its descendants.  In 8.2, per recent discussion in this
forum, this had to be done by explicitly forwarding each subdomain to
its server, or explicitly turning off forwarding for those domains.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B