(no subject)

root at dim.intersurf.net root at dim.intersurf.net
Tue Jul 27 01:01:18 UTC 1999

From: dpuryear at usa.net (Dustin Puryear)
Newsgroups: comp.protocols.dns.bind
Subject: bad configuration
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 01:02:28 GMT

I am running bind v8 and am having problems with the configuration. I
have setup two internals domains, wec.wnet and zac.wnet. I use the
wnet domain to ensure I do not clash with any current or future
internet addresses since we have internet access.

For some reason I must restart bind periodically. Obviously, this is a
configuration problem. Do I need to setup a zone file for the wnet
domain? I have one for wec.wnet, and zac.wnet, and also a root.hints
that is updated monthly to point to internet root servers. Also, I
have my ndc to forward first to my isp's dns. I'm not really sure
where is causing the problem. Any help or hints would be greatly
appreciated.

PS I am reading "DNS & Bind" by Albitz & Liu, but would like to
resolve this problem quickly.

---
Dustin Puryear
dpuryear at usa.net