Multiple Hyphens in Hostname

Leon Workman lworkman at mhc.net
Tue Jul 27 12:08:02 UTC 1999

The hyphens aren't in a row.  I probably should've made that more
clear.  The names follow the format, pc-xxxxx-yyy.  I just wanted to
know whether or not the naming rules will be tripped up by this causing
a warning message to be logged in the syslog.  If every host is using
this DNS and every host has a bad name format, my syslog would get out
of hand very fast (although there are flags that can be set to disable
these messages).  Besides, I want to follow the standards so that I
won't get caught in a worse situation should the standards change in a
way that I will be forced to reconfigure the hostnames on my entire
network.

Leon Workman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/