"geographic" dns-answer

Patrick Greenwell patrick at stealthgeeks.net
Tue Jul 27 22:25:09 UTC 1999

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Merton Campbell Crockett wrote:

> Just define the system with several A records.  Locations that frequently
> access your system will gravitate toward the physical system with the
> lowest RTT.

I am curious as to the source of this assertion. While I am aware that
the above holds for which *root server* you query, I have never seen
anything to indicate that this would hold for the address records handed
out in a round-robin fashion by BIND. Is there some new code/feature that
I haven't seen?