DNS with only one IP

Benjamin John bjohn at firstconsulting.net
Wed Jul 28 01:54:47 UTC 1999

I think the latest versions of Bind lets you do primary and secondary on one
machine. BUT, its not worth the effort, since a secondary is supposed to be a
back up if the primary is down. and doing secondary on the same machines make no
sense.

There are free DNS servers that let u do primary or secondary service. search on
the web for one
i think http://soa.granitecanyon.com/ is one of them. you do the primary and let
them do the secondary. and yes, you can do it on a dsl line.