Few Questions

Mark Miller mmiller at unix.sprint.net
Thu Jul 29 13:58:36 UTC 1999

Hello,

I have a couple of questions.

First of all I am trying to compile BIND 8.2.1 for Solaris 2.7.  I change
the Makefile.set in /src/port/solaris to have DESTETC and DESTRUN both be
"/etc".  When I compile and try to run the binary, in.named fails to start
because the link for /usr/local/etc/named.conf doesn't exist.  We NFS mount
/usr/local, so I need to have the above changes to take effect since /etc is
local to the machine.  Is there another file that I need to change in order
to have these changes take effect.  I have removed ".settings" and ran "make
clean", but to no avail.

Second question, is there a way to tell BIND which interface to use on a
given machine.  I have a nameserver with an hme0 and hme1 interface.  Does
BIND randomly choose an interface?  The reason I ask is because I have the
allow-transfer set up in the options statement so all zones have the same
acl.  All zones seem to use the hme0 interface except one which uses hme1.
I know this because /var/adm/messages complains about unapproved AXFR for
the zone due to acl.

TIA

Mark Miller, MCSE, MCP + Internet
Systems Administrator