non-recursive dns

Ronnie Corny ronniecorny at rocketmail.com
Tue Jun 29 08:46:07 UTC 1999

what's the advantage of having a non-recursive dns?  It seems to defeat the
purpose of having a dns server...  can anyone enlighten me?

thanks.

Also, are there any configurations I can do to secure my DNS from being a weak
link in my server?  I have my dns server running fine now and am just curious
about increasing security on my network.

Also, are there any rules about giving an ip address to your domain name?  I
mean, like for xyz.org, can I do this:

@               IN SOA          xyz.org. root.xyz.org. {
                                        1999062901 ;
                                        10800 ;