in-addr.arpa delegation

John Tan d_name at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 24 12:06:19 UTC 1999

Hi,

I have an internal DNS setup acting as a root server for 10.x.x.x. I have
delegated one domain abc.com to the name servers xxx.abc.com and am trying
to delegate the reverse mapping as well.
But I get the following message :

Jun 24 19:40:57 <dns server> named[8096]: bad referral (10.in-addr.ARPA !<
4.201.10.in-addr.arpa)

What does this mean ? I knwo it means a bad referral but how can I fix it.
Anyone know where there is a list of bind error messages that we can refer
to ? ( I can't seem to find it in DNS and Bind book, though there are a few
errors listed there. )

Thanks

John