Bind 8.1.2 options

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Mon Jun 28 14:04:18 UTC 1999

In article <Pine.GSO.4.02.9906261353550.16063-100000 at struten>,
Tom-Erik Hestholm  <tom.erik.hestholm at ark.no> wrote:
>Is it a option "forward first" in BIND 8.1.2 ?
>If it is what does it do ?

If it doesn't get a response from any of the forwarders, it then tries the
nameservers it would have sent to if forwarding weren't configured (cached
NS records for the domain, or the root servers if none are cached).

>I do not find anything about this in the book Bind and DNS.

I lent my copy to someone, so I can't verify this, but I find it difficult
to believe.  Do you have the 3rd edition, which describes BIND 8?

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com