BIND 8.1.1 on Solaris 7 for sparc

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Tue Jun 29 19:52:05 UTC 1999

In article <96fe0374.24aa7ac5 at aol.com>,  <SOLARlS at aol.com> wrote:
>What is the difference in the format for bind 8.1.1?
>
>Here is an example of how I have my dns set up right now.
>
>This would be how I have my /var/named individual db files set up for bind
>4.9.3, I need to know what the differences are for BIND 8.1.1.

The DB files are the same, but named.conf is completely different from
named.boot.  Answering "what's the differences" would be like explaining
the differences between BASIC and C -- they're just completely different.

I don't know if Sun includes it, but the standard BIND 8 distribution from
www.isc.org includes a perl script named-bootconf.pl that will convert a
named.boot file to named.conf syntax.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com