problem with MX-record

Suvicha Jaroensuk suvij at lox2.loxinfo.co.th
Wed Jun 30 02:54:42 UTC 1999

Dear sir,
	Thank you. I might make you confuse about my misconfiguration.
	Mail Exchanger for domain.1
	domain.1   IN 5  X.domain.1	Cw domain.1
		   IN 10 Z.domain.2     Cw domain.2
	but
		Z.domain.2 IN A 1.1.1.1 ( its name = mail1.domain.2 )
		Z.domain.2 IN A 2.2.2.2 ( its name = mail2.domain.2 )
		Z.domain.2 is  Mail Exchanger for domain.2 by mail
		be switched to between mail1 and mail2 ( Cw domain.2 )

	My assumption is when X.domain.1 is out of order, mail for
domain.1 will forward to Z.domain.2 for relaying ,it might be  mail1 or
mail2. When mail is trying back to X.domain.1 , if X.domain.1 is still
out of order, mail1 or mail2 will compare ifself to Z.domain.2 ,its result
is not the same name ( I am not sure about preference value) ,so mail will
be forward to Z.domain.2 again ( Loop back result ).

> In recent versions of sendmail you can add Z to the Cw list of themachine
> and it will treat that as an alternate name for itself when performing the
> MX record comparisons.

	you mean that we can put Z.domain.2 to "Cw" on mail1 and mail2 for
performing the MX record comparisons.

Have any suggestions

TIA
suvicha