versions: syntax error

Jim Reid jim at mpn.cp.philips.com
Wed Jun 30 11:18:25 UTC 1999

>>>>> "torben" == torben fjerdingstad <unitfj-bind at tfj.rnd.uni-c.dk> writes:

    torben> I can't figure out what's wrong with my named.conf:
    torben> The error message is:
    torben> Jun 30 12:26:56 ns named[12904]: /usr/local/namedb.test/named.conf:227: syntax error near versions

    torben> logging {
    torben>	 channel securitylog {
    torben>		file  "/var/adm/bind.denied";
    torben>		/* keep 3 files of 60Mbytes */
    torben>		versions 3 size 60M;
    torben>		severity info;
    torben>		print-time yes;
    torben>	};

    torben> I also tried to put versions and size on two different
    torben> lines, because the samples on the ISC documentation pages
    torben> might be wrong formatted.

    torben> versions 3; size 60M;

    torben> That gave the exact same error as above. Yes, it IS line
    torben> 227.

The error is in the file substatement: there should be no semi-colon
after the pathname. ie:
	file "/var/adm/bind.denied"
	versions 3 size 60M;

See doc/html/logging.html.