Core Dump on named

Brian Yeomans yeomans at mindspring.net
Wed Jun 30 19:29:18 UTC 1999

Hi,

      How much memory does you dns server have?  When I was runing bind 4.x  named
would core all the time when the cache would try grow past the datasize limit.
Running bind 8.2  I have seen it core on the same problem once.  Is it coring out
as soon as you start it or after it has been running for a while?  If it is a
latter you might want to increase the datasize limit.

--
Brian Yeomans
Systems Adminisatrator
yeomans at mindspring.net