DNS listing

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Thu Jun 24 14:57:08 UTC 1999

In article <377179C3.FB9D0993 at healtheon.com>,
Minh Huynh  <minhh at healtheon.com> wrote:
>i was wonder how can one protects other from getting a listing of all
>hostnames from displaying when someone
>performs nslookup? for example, if i type this at the command line:

In BIND 8 this is controlled by the allow-transfer option in named.conf, in
BIND 4 it's controlled by the xfrnets directive in named.boot.

P.S. Why did you thread this in with a completely unrelated message about
BIND 8.2 libraries?  Please don't use the followup/reply command when
starting a new topic.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com