A problem with AXFR

SGT LEMAIRE Olivier sgt.lemaire at free.fr
Tue Jun 1 22:58:01 UTC 1999

Hello,
    I'm using a BIND 8.2 DNS on Linux to be my primary dns on a zone
named "my.zone".
    The context is not Internet but a private Intranet (with multiple
LAN).

    Everything was ok to this day (it lasted for 7 month without
problems...) but since yesterday I've got the following problem :

The named service wortk at startup for a little amount of time, and then
cease functionning: named is still in my process list, bu do not seems
to work.
My configuration did not change last days, so I checked the
/var/log/messages to find a new entry relating to my dns :
it' speaking about "approved AXFR" from a IP@ " from a connected LAN.
I tried to check de documentation about AXFR but i found nothing.

Can anyone help me ? For now, I'm gonna test the "notify no" in my
/etc/named.conf to cease notifing this foreign IP@ and in case it's not
enough, restart my named each minutes....

--
LEMAIRE Olivier