Unregistered local domain yet internet access?

Jack Aubert jaubert at cpcug.org
Thu Jun 24 01:55:16 UTC 1999

That's exactly what I'm doing at home.  I called my internal domain aubert.
it has hosts like papabear.aubert, mamabear.aubert... etc.  The local
nameserver that has SOA for "aubert" just forwards to the cable operator's
DNS.

Obviously I can't resolve a name from the internet to anything on the
inside, but since I keep the connection nailed up, I keep a permanent lease
on the same internet address which is on one side of the proxy firewall and
so I can use the IP address to get to the internal web server from the
outsice.... not practical for anything commercial, but I can keep family
pictures on it.