libbind

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Jun 8 00:18:16 UTC 1999

> On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Pandit, Tushar wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know why are there two libbind files(libbind.a and libbind_r.a)
> > created by BIND8.2. Can I go ahead with only libbind.a ?
>
> These are resolver libraries.  libbind.a is the standard one, libbind_r.a
> is the reentrant one (for multithreaded programs).
>
> At least, that's what *I* assume.
>

> Paul Braman
> aeon at tampabay.rr.com

	Correct.

	The library is only supposed to work if HAS_PTHREADS is
	defined in port_before.h even though it is built on all
	platforms.

	The following OS's have been looked at at this point in time.

	src/port/bsdos/include/port_before.h:#define HAS_PTHREADS
	src/port/bsdos2/include/port_before.h:#undef HAS_PTHREADS
	src/port/decunix/include/port_before.h:#define HAS_PTHREADS
	src/port/next/include/port_before.h:#undef HAS_PTHREADS
	src/port/solaris/include/port_before.h:#define HAS_PTHREADS

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org