unsubscribe (fwd)

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Jun 9 15:46:10 UTC 1999

You wrote:
> From bind-users-request at isc.org Wed Jun  9 06:58 EDT 1999
> From: "Sandy Murdock" <sandy at amstone.net>
> To: bind-users at isc.org
> Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 06:53:41 -0400
>
> unsubscribe
> Sandy Murdock
> A.M. Stone Internet
> 705-944-5632
> 800-461-1788
> sandy at amstone.net
>
> Advertise your Kawarthas region
> business or personal site for free!
> http://www.kawarthas.on.ca

It is not the case, for any mailing list of which I am aware, that you
unsubscribe by sending e-mail to all of the thousands or millions of
members of the mailing list.  This only arouses ire.

When you joined the list, you were sent an e-mail message containing
text something like:

> If you wish to be deleted from this list, send an e-mail message with
> the content of "unsubscribe" to BIND-USERS-REQUEST at ISC.ORG. Please
> DO NOT SEND unsubscribe messages to the list itself. If for some reason
> you are unable to unsubscribe yourself from the list, send a message
> to OWNER-BIND-USERS at ISC.ORG and someone will help you out.

If you wish to do this, you might also wish to delineate your ".sig" by
having a line containing only "--" before it, so that the mailing-list
software does not treat all of the lines in your .sig as commands.