seting up DNS at granitecanyon (newbie)

gunleik gunleik at iname.com
Wed Jun 9 21:48:40 UTC 1999

Hi!
I try to set up the domain ikkeno.net trough soa.granitecanyon.com, but it
wont work. Can anyone help me... please?

If I ping or trace ikkeno.net I get 'host unknown' or 'unable to resolve
target'.

If I do a whois lookup at InterNIC it seems that the DNS servers are
correctly set up
http://www.networksolutions.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois/?STRING=ikkeno.net

In the granitecanyon FAQ it  seems that all DNS requests for zones not in
there NS will be directed to 172.16.1.1, but my domain is NOT. So I thought
InterNIC didn't send the request to NS1.GRANITECANYON.COM, but if I locally
set up DNS search to NS1.GRANITECANYON.COM it still doesn't work.

Here are my RRs that I've set up at granitecanyon:

ikkeno.net.   IN NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
ikkeno.net.   IN NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.
ikkeno.net.   IN RP agunleik.online.no. gunleik.ikkeno.net.
gunleik.ikkeno.net.   IN TXT "Andreas Gunleikskaas, NIC handle:GA4617"
ikkeno.net.                  IN A 194.248.148.101
www.ikkeno.net.         IN CNAME ikkeno.net.
absolutt.ikkeno.net.      IN CNAME ikkeno.net.
localhost.ikkeno.net.     IN A 127.0.0.1

--
gunleik
gunleik at iname.com