Named Errors Help needed (0/1)

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Wed Jun 9 23:14:07 UTC 1999

In article <3761c0e2.12979955 at enews.newsguy.com>,
George R. Kasica <georgek at netwrx1.com> wrote:
>Donna:
>
>I'm trying the DNS Setup here and getting the following bunch of
>errors:
>
>Attached are my named config files...do you know who might be able to
>look at these? I tried with the DNS & Bind book but am getting nowhere
>fast....

It looks to me like you upgraded from BIND 4 to BIND 8 but didn't update
your named.boot file to named.conf syntax.  BIND 8 cannot read BIND 4's
named.boot file.  BIND 8 includes a Perl script, named-bootconf.pl, that
will automate this for you.

If you're using BIND 8, make sure you have the 3rd edition of the DNS&BIND
book.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com