Problems with naming resolution

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Jun 10 10:11:41 UTC 1999

	To find problems you sometimes need to go up one or more levels
	in the dns heirachy.  In this case secdns.gov.sg is giving out
	the wrong answers.  The correct answer should have been a
	referral.

	Mark

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> soa +norec internet.gov.sg @secdns.gov.sg
; (1 server found)
;; res options: init defnam dnsrch
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;	internet.gov.sg, type = SOA, class = IN

;; Total query time: 162 msec
;; FROM: bsdi.dv.isc.org to SERVER: secdns.gov.sg  160.96.128.4
;; WHEN: Thu Jun 10 20:05:42 1999
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 33  rcvd: 33