nslookup bug on WINNT 4.0

Michael Voight mvoight at cisco.com
Thu Jun 10 16:30:30 UTC 1999

"Ingo T. Storm" wrote:

> >There is a bug for nslookup.exe and dns.exe ignore a domain name
> passed
> >via DHCP, even though ipconfig shows it and commands like ping and
> >telnet use it.
>
> I'd rather say this is working as designed, so you won't find a fix
> for a thing that ain't broken.
>
> Ingo

Actually, I was told it is fixed in NT 4, SP5.

What do you mean it is working as designed? Why would it be designed to
ignore the domain name???
Are you saying ping and telnet should use a dhcp assigned domain name,
but nslookup shouldn't even though ipconfig shows the dhcp assigned
domain name?

Michael Voight