Bind 8.x will it ever be port to NT

David R. Conrad David_Conrad at isc.org
Sun Jun 13 21:06:19 UTC 1999

Hi Cricket,

> Darn it!  I meant 8.3.
>
> Is that not correct (for 8.3)?  I seem to remember Bob mentioning "NT
> portability" as a major goal, if not the raison d'etre, for 8.3.

If there is an 8.3, it's major accomplishment will be NT portability --
this is the stuff we're working with Checkpoint, Nortel, and others
with.  Problem is, it is taking a long time and almost all ISC's
resources are dedicated to getting BINDv9 out the door.  As v9 will be
relatively easy to port to NT and v9 has a whole bunch of other
features, I'm not sure how useful a v8 NT version will be.

Regards,
-drc