Restrticting Zone Transfers

Micro R&D/Cornhusker Net xxxxxx at cornhusker.net
Sat Jun 12 17:46:27 UTC 1999

I was trying to restrict zone transfers from my primary DNS server. I used
the allow-transfer {111.111.111.111 222.222.222.222}; line in the options
section of named. I am running BIND 8. The nameserver still seems to do a
zone transfer to machines on other ip addresses than the two listed in the
allow-transfer option.

Does this need to be placed in its own options{}; statement, or can I list
it as I did in the opening options section in named.conf?

Any suggestions on why dig at mynamerser.com axfr somedomain.com still works
from other other machines? Thanks in advance.

George Graham