SRV records in BIND?

Jeffery Richards [2667] jrichard at mda.ca
Wed Jun 16 03:06:42 UTC 1999

We're just starting to worry about the needs of Windows 2000 and I was
wondering if anyone can advise me if the current version of Unix BIND
supports the SRV records that apparently Windows needs?  We'd be
wanting to run it under Solaris.  We'd like to maintain our current
method of running DNS on Unix and not have to breakdown and move DNS to
running under Windows.

Can anyone let me know if the necessary support is there?

Thanks in advance.

--
| Jeff Richards - Unix Sys Admin     | Phone: (604) 231-2667                  |
| Richmond, BC  CANADA  V6V 2J3      | Email: jrichard at mda.ca                 |