choosing a root server(s)

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri Jun 18 00:04:24 UTC 1999

> What is the use of db.cache file? I have commented all root server entries
> except one then I restarted BIND. My server still goes to all root servers.
> Can I make my BIND go to say only a.roo-servers.net? Thanks.
>

> Sezen Uysal
> Open Systems Consulting

	Hints are only used find the current set of root servers.  The
	contents of the hints file should be the same as the list of
	root servers.  named will complain if there is a mismatch between
	the contents of the hints file and the answers it get back to
	the query for the root servers from those servers.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org