Syslog error message

ftta at my-deja.com ftta at my-deja.com
Wed Jun 23 13:48:39 UTC 1999

Hi,

I have to analyze the syslog file on a NS server.

I can't find any reference for the next message that appear in this
file :
Jun 17 08:52:02 xs0t5240.stm2.strasbourg.francetelecom.fr named[236]:
recvfrom: Connection refused.

At this time the parent primary server strasbourg.francetelecom.fr was
in hardware failure (sysplanar), but the network card apparently worked.
The parent seondary server strasbourg.francetelecom.fr also worked.
The two parent servers are configured in the NS server
stm2.strasbourg.francetelecom.fr in the named.boot file (forwarders),
but no DNS request worked on it.

So, why the DNS requests forwarding didn't work to the secondary server
?

Thierry

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/