Dynamic Updates on BIND 8.1.2

Hasan Umit Ezerce humit at tr-net.net.tr
Tue Nov 2 14:58:06 UTC 1999

Hi,

I have 1 master and 2 secondary nameservers and I'am looking for a way to
update my secondary nameservers automatically according to the master one.

I mean that when I add a new domain to the master nameserver, I want
secondary ones to have same domain.

I checked documents and found "allow-update { address_match_list };" entry
in zone statement, but I cannot figure out how to configure master and/or
secondary servers to send/receive this update information. I also checked
RFC2136 (DNS Dynamic Updates) but still confused.

Thank you,

bytheway:

master nameserver: SunOS 5.6 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 [bind8.1.2]
secondaries: Linux 2.2.10 [bind8.1.2]

--
Hasan Umit Ezerce