Resolv.conf search parameter limit

lisaac29 at my-deja.com lisaac29 at my-deja.com
Tue Nov 2 18:32:25 UTC 1999

Is there a limit to the number of domain names listed in the search
parameter for the resolv.conf file? I have a network monitoring
application monitoring different customer environments,  and I wish to
use the ordinary name instead of the fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
I have 10 different customer second level domains, and I will add all 10
too the search parameter. I have not found any documentation which
identifies a limit to the number of domains listed on the search
parameter in the resolv.conf file. The network monitoring applications
reside on Linux, Solaris, and HPUX. I appreciate any input!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.