ZoneTransfer

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Tue Nov 9 18:02:43 UTC 1999

In article <809iqn$h2e$1 at news05.btx.dtag.de>,
Tilo Lutz <TiloLutz at t-online.de> wrote:
>Hi
>
>I use Linux 2.2.12 with bind 8
>
>But I have a big problem : I cann't do zone-tranfers.

What does it say in the log file on the master server?  Maybe the server
detected syntax errors in the zone file.  When that happens it makes itself
non-authoritative and doesn't allow zone transfers for that domain (there
will be a log message that says "not auth").  When named starts up, it will
log warnings about the errors in the zone files, including their line
numbers.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com